Tuesday 6 January 2009

One of those days...

... I got yelled at today. For an hour. Why? Because I wouldn't let him pull the tv over on to himself. I'm a terrible mother. This positive discipline thing doesn't work with a one year old!! Arg!

Happier things - he's learnt to feed himself with a spoon/fork now. The look of concentration on his little face is so adorable. He can spend ages just sat at the high chair carefully putting bits of food onto his fork and negotiating how to get it into his mouth. It makes a nice change from him stuffing food in his mouth as if there's a famine. He's also really starting to get great at mimicking. He will grab my pad & pen, sit on the floor and try to write with the pen in hand. Which inevitably means my favourite outfit of his is now covered with biro marks from where he's managed to write. I finally managed to get his carseat straps looser so I have a bit more time before I'll need to get him the next seat up, which is pretty expensive and I can't afford right now. I save a little every month, so hopefully it will be ours soon. I'm so excited to get it. It will be fabulous to be able to keep him rear-facing until he's 4 or 5. If I had my way, he'd still be RFing in college :D

No comments: